- HONEYWELL U-PRISM SOLUTION HELPS CREATE CLEANER AIR IN HEALTHCARE FACILITIES
- The solution, developed in India for the India market, safely provides 24×7 germicidal eradication of contagious airborne pathogens
- Ideal for hospitals, clinics, healthcare facilities and enclosed public places with high footfall
New Delhi : “U-Prism was created to help facilities better respond to the need for more frequent and thorough sanitization of public spaces, especially those that witness higher footfalls such as hospitals and healthcare facilities,” said Ashish Modi, vice president and general manager of Asia Pacific, Honeywell Building Technologies (HBT). “The solution can help address air disinfection challenges to help create healthier and safer building environments.”
The product was designed by engineers at Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS), the company’s global technology development and engineering facility based in Bangalore, India.
“The device uses high intensity UV-C light, a special reflector and a unique louver to disinfect the air, which is then circulated by convective air currents. It can be used in spaces with limited mechanical ventilation and is safe for air conditioned and non-air-conditioned environments,” said Rajeev Bhandari, senior director of engineering, HBT, HTS. “It is a simple to install, low-maintenance device that provides continuous sanitization, while precluding the need for chemical disinfectants and additional manpower requirements.”
· Easy installation and continuous application: Plug-and-play design allows for easy installation and is suitable for continuous 24X7 application.
· Effective at improving air quality: Deactivates up to 99%* airborne pathogens, reduces cross infections and improves indoor air quality using precise UV-C wavelengths. Better air quality can help improve employee productivity[iii] and create a healthier workplace.
· Safe and cost-effective operations: Special reflector and louver design provides higher average UV intensity in the upper air but is safer at lower levels in the room. It can be used in a variety of healthcare facilities – from clinics to large hospitals
The product is manufactured to comply with the NIOSH recommended guidelines of Permissible Exposure Time (PET) in an eight-hour period. NIOSH recommended exposures correspond to a maximum recommended irradiance of 0.2 µW/cm2 for an eight-hour exposure to UVGI at a wavelength of 254.±[iv] Watch a video of the product here. To learn more about the product, click here.
Honeywell’s Healthy Buildings solutions are part of a comprehensive effort to quickly develop innovative solutions that help critical sectors of the global economy recover without the need to replace existing infrastructure. Honeywell’s Healthy Buildings solutions provide a holistic view of a building’s health based on key factors such as indoor air quality, occupant flow, personal protective equipment (PPE) analytics, thermal screening, body temperature monitoring, social distancing and sanitation efficacy.