- The flight will commence its operation from 1st November 2022 and will operate three days a week
- This flight is under the UDAN RCS Scheme and will be operated by Indigo
- Flight operation from Bhopal airport has increased from 94 to 178 flights per week
- Bhopal was connected to five cities and now it is connected to nine
- Sixteen routes have been given to Rajasthan. Out of these sixteen routes six will be given to Udaipur.
New Delhi. : Minister of Civil Aviation, Shri Jyotiraditya Scindia inaugurated a direct flight from Bhopal to Udaipur under the RCS UDAN Scheme, today, 1st November 2022.
The flight operation on this new route will connect Bhopal & Udaipur from today. This new route will not only enhance regional connectivity but will also promote trade, commerce, and tourism activities between these states. The fight will be operated by Indigo three days a week as per the following schedule:
|Flt No.||From||To||Freq.||Dep. Time||Arr. time||Acft||Eff from|
|6E 7973||BHO||UDR||246||17:20||18:50||ATR||01 November 2022|
In his address, Minister of Civil Aviation, Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindia congratulated the people of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan and said that around a year ago only 94 flights per week were operating from Bhopal airport, now this number has increased to 178 flights per week. Earlier Bhopal was connected to five cities and now it is connected to nine. Moreover, 33 routes have been given to Madhya Pradesh.
Minister further added that sixteen routes have been given to Rajasthan. Out of these sixteen routes six will be given to Udaipur.
Minister reiterated the government’s commitment to inclusive growth and providing air connectivity to every part of the country.
The inauguration was graced by Shri Girish Gautam, Speaker, Vidhan Sabha, Madhya Pradesh, Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, MP (LS), Bhopal, Shri Chandra Prakash Joshi, MP (LS), Udaipur, and Shri Rameshwar Sharma MLA. Additionally, officers from Ministry of Civil Aviation, Govt. of India, Govt. of Madhya Pradesh, Govt. of Rajasthan, AAI, and Indigo were also present.