Mumbai, May 17 : As the second wave of COVID-19 injects fresh uncertainties, Tata Motors is committed to keeping its customers safe and well-informed amidst the pandemic. The Company has rolled out an awareness campaign on easy car care steps during lockdown.
Below are some easy-to-follow, car care guidelines, which should have vehicles covered till the end of this lockdown.
- The car should be parked in a safe spot in the house or your building premises. Moreover, it is also important to preserve the functionality of its internal components.
Avoid flat spot on tyres and maintain the right pressure
- Customers should move their car forwards and backwards to keep it from remaining immobile for too long and avoiding flat spots on tyres.
- Periodic checks of tyre pressure are imperative to prevent cracking of the rubber and the side spots.
- Air valves should be checked as well.
Keep the ignition engaged
- To keep the battery of the car charged, the car should be started once every week for around 20 minutes. This will ensure that the Aux. battery doesn’t exhaust itself.
- In the Nexon EV, this can be done by starting AC remotely as well. Alternatively, remove the – VE terminal of Aux Battery. Keep the State of Charge (SOC) between 40% to 60%.
Restarting the Electric vehicle after long storage
- Refit the –VE terminal (if removed) & charge the vehicle up to 100% SOC on slow charger before using the vehicle on road.
Keep the handbrake dis-engaged
- Keep the car parked in reverse gear if parked on a downhill slope, or on neutral on a flat surface and in first gear if it is on an uphill slope.
- It is important to provide wheel support through the medium of chocks/ bricks available at home (In case of Auto transmission, it is a must)
Protect the fuel tank
- To reduce the effect of changing weather on the vehicle, the fuel tank of the car should be kept full to avoid moisture from settling in.
- Regular sanitization and periodic checks of the interior and car parts such as the steering wheel is important to maintain regular hygiene and ensure that the components are functioning.
- Interiors can be kept clean by vacuuming the carpets and mats as well as wiping car parts such as door handles with regular cleaning solution or disinfectant.
- Kindly maintain the cleaning solution -mixture of car shampoo/soap and water in 30:70 ratio
- While using a shampoo solution, apply it on the specified surface using microfiber cloth. Avoid spraying the solution directly. For example, on components such as the infotainment system.
- The wiper arms should also be in an uplifted position.
Shield from changing weather
- Use a car cover as it will protect the vehicle from getting affected by external factors and will also avoid the layering of dust on the exterior of the vehicle. This will also protect the paint job and chrome elements on the car.
Due to the on-going lockdown across the country, several customers are unable to service vehicles which are scheduled for maintenance. In a testament to its continuous endeavor to offer customers a seamless and hassle free after-sales experience, Tata Motors, India’s leading manufacturer, has announced that the customers whose warranty and free service period (not kms.) are due to expire between 1st April 2021 and 31st May 2021, will be extended till 30th June 2021.
In case of any emergency assistance or if the car is not starting due to prolonged parking/battery discharge, Tata passenger car owners can contact Tata Motors 24X7 assistance team at 1800 209 8282.